Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ladybug Hugs and Butterfly Kisses

So, besides try to keep up with the girls, housework, bills, and trying to get an Etsy store open I have undertaken redoing the girls room. When the doctor told us that more kids probably shouldn't be in our future I was a little depressed and threw myself into all things girls. We fixed the baby room up (okay, totally gutted it) before Kathryn was born. I chose colors and all knowing that we wanted kids close together and the next might be a boy. Well, we never got our boy, but we have two beautiful daughters. I've seen so many cute pictures of baby rooms lately and I thought it was about time the girls had a 'girl' room.

We had blue stripes on one wall and that wall is now pink. I found a cute saying that I then wrote on the wall "With a butterfly kiss and a ladybug hug sleep tight little one, like a bug in a rug." I also found these great wall stickers at Menards. They are huge Gerber daisies and they look great with the gorgeous quilts that their Grandma Gail made them. I also got wall stickers that are square and have flowers and word on them.

The project that took the longest was painting on wood letter that spell the girls names. I wanted these put above the beds with picture frames hung above them. I had to be creative because each of the girls names has 7 letters! It took awhile, but the letters for both are the same (I couldn't think of anything else) and they look better than I thought they would.
Get ready for picture overload!!


This is the girls room before. The wall with the blue stripes is now pink.


The names.



This is during. Kat wrote on her wall awhile ago (another reason for the paint job) and the paint wasn't covering!


I got so behind there was no cereal or eggs for breakfast Sunday and Jesse doesn't like pancakes and I sure didn't have time to make any, so Daddy got us donuts!!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP