Wednesday, March 4, 2009

About Me

Well, for starters, I'm a stay-at-home-mom of two beautiful and ornery little girls, Kathryn and Lorelai, and a wife to one amazing husband, Jesse. We live in a small town in the mid west. We hope to someday have a small farm in the country. Me, I'm not the typical farm wife and I don't know how well I'll like the country!

I use to love to read and quilt before the girls. I haven't seen my sewing machine in months and am not sure I could find it. I love all things crafty. Anything that's cute and I can make on our budget is fair game. I'm slowly building up an Etsy store http://princesschunkymonkey.etsy.com/ and am loving all things girl. I also love to refinish, repaint, and re purpose old furniture. Not that I have the time, but I collect stuff to be done at a later date. Which means our basement is full of what my husband calls 'junk' and Goodwill and garage sales are my downfall. For now I'm trying to keep the family on a budget which means a lot of meal planning and couponing and no eating out. I spent the rest of my time being mom, chef, housekeeper, wife, and chauffeur.

Jesse and I would like a little boy, but due to my heart murmur we won't be having an more children. We have been talking about and looking into adoption and hope that someday we will still be able to add to our family. I'm very adamant that we adopt a boy because one more girl might make me crazy; however, my husband tells me I'm already crazy so we should just see what God has in store.

So, here's just a peak into my life. I don't find many people my age in the middle of 'hicksville' that hold the same family values, faith, craftiness, and blog obsession that I do. I am a mom and wife and that IS my life.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP